Saturday 26 September 2009

'Attila' the Hun(slet)

I am delighted to announce that the Joys of Life Railway is one step closer to getting a resident steam locomotive. On Saturday 12/09/09 I obtained a virtually complete 5in gauge 0-4-0ST Quarry Hunslet, this has been thanks to the generosity of the loco’s builder, who has my assurance that the loco will be very much cherished. The loco named ‘Attila’ has not run for 9 years, but following some minor dismantling work on the 26/09/09 the boiler passed its 120psi hydraulic test at the North Wales Model Engineering Society track in Llandudno. I now need to reassemble the loco before the steam test is carried out hopefully in a fortnight.

My thanks go to Gordon for allowing me to obtain his delightful loco, Paul for putting us in touch with Gordon, and my dad for driving half way down the country to pick it up!

'Attila' with a Ffestiniog Railway No.10 look-a-like which I'm currently borrowing

No comments: